Here are five ways to make your apartment an eco-friendly place:
- The first thing you should always do is take into consideration the location of your apartment and make it as convenient to your occupation and also the places you go to on a regular basis, so that you could walk or ride a bike. You will be helping the environment and your heart from all the exercise you would be getting.
- Several of us tend to get into the habit of turning the lights or television on the moment we get home. We usually do it because we like the noise in the background and the lights to feel warmth of security. Try going without it for a while. When coming home, instead of turning on your lights, open some blinds or curtains. Plus you’ll be amazed at how much more calming it is, without having the T.V. blaring.
- One thing that everyone has trouble putting into there daily routine, is there use of water. Spending less time in shower (low-flow showerhead on your taps are recommended), turning the water off while you brush your teeth, don’t use hot water for your laundry are just some things you should take into consideration. Cold water works just as great and only run your washer machine and dishwasher with a full load.
- Something that everyone uses carelessly is plastic bags. They continue to be one of the worst things for the environment. People have stockpiles of things they collect in their garages and storage bins that are covered in plastic bags that will never be used, and eventually end up discarded someplace. At the very least, try to reuse them as much as possible. When you do decided to throw them away, be sure to recycle them.
- Of course, one thing that has grown to be given in most cases, however, this is also a key contributor to bad pollution. Smoking is a threatening habit and it ends up affecting other people. Second-hand smoke is a main indoor air pollutant and extreme health hazard. There are always alternatives to helping you quit smoking. Such as “the patch” and a product known as “Ecigarette”.
It is important to making your home a better environment, for yourself and for others. Try to stay optimistic in everything you choose to do to becoming eco-friendly.